JN5168 adding new Clusters

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JN5168 adding new Clusters

martinpannenbae
Contributor II

Hello, I have a JN5168-000-M01 and I'm working with the JN-AN-1217 ZigBee 3.0 Base Device Template.

After some hard time getting into the Materia I got the Base Device to work as a router, connect to a coordinator and I'm able to control a LED wireless via the Base Device On/Off Cluster.

Now I want to add other clusters, especially the MultistateOutputBasic. In the ZCL User I found the function

eCLD_MultistateOutputBasicCreateMultistateOutputBasic to create the cluster, but there's the following note:
Note:
This function must not be called for an endpoint on
which a standard ZigBee device
will be used. In this case, the
device and its supported clusters
must be registered on the
endpoint using the relevant device registration function
I can't find this relevant device registration function. It's the same note on every cluster but I'm not able to find anything about these registration functions.
Please, could anyone help me and give some infos? :smileyhappy:
0 Kudos
2 Replies

martinpannenbae
Contributor II

Hi Mario,

thank you very much for your reply on my question :smileyhappy:

I'm a total beginner in ZigBee development and wireless connectivity in general so I'm sorry if my questions might be superficial.

I'm working with the ZigBee 3.0 Base Device Template and therefore used the function eZHA_RegisterBaseDeviceEndPoint() to register the Endpoint.

I want to create a device which combines the functions of several sensors and actors. I changed the Application Device ID to 7 for a combined Interface and it gets recognized like this from my ZigBee Coordinator.

Now I if I add a Temperature Measurement Cluster I can also see the cluster with the ZigBee coordinator, but can't see any data. Also from the Basic Cluster I can't read any data like Manufacturer name what was wondering me from the beginning.

The defines

#define ZCL_ATTRIBUTE_READ_SERVER_SUPPORTED
#define ZCL_ATTRIBUTE_WRITE_SERVER_SUPPORTED
#define ZCL_ATTRIBUTE_READ_CLIENT_SUPPORTED
#define ZCL_ATTRIBUTE_WRITE_CLIENT_SUPPORTED

are all made in the zcl_options.h and in the app.zpscfg I set every discoverable property for any cluster as TRUE.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I can receive ON/OFF Commands with my device but it seems to not send anything.

Would be so happy if someone could try to give me some help :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Martin,

You can take a look the ZigBee 3.0 Devices User Guide 1.4 Device Initialisation

http://www.nxp.com/docs/en/user-guide/JN-UG-3114.pdf 

register the device by calling the relevant device registration function - for example, eZLO_RegisterDimmableLightEndPoint()

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos