Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuration Parameter for QuadSPI Boot at i.MX7D

Jump to solution
dietersteininge
Contributor II

Reference Manual:

"The ROM expects the QuadSPI configuration parameters as explained in the QuadSPI
Configuration Parameters to be present in the Serial Flash memory from offset 0x400 of
serial flash of length 512 bytes."

MfgTool:

MfgTool writes qspi-header at addr 0x400 (MX6) or addr 0 (MX7D).

<!--QSPI header-->
    <CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="send" file="qspi-header.sh.tar">Sending qspi header shell</CMD>
    <CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ tar xf $FILE "> Extracting...</CMD>
    <CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="send" file="files/%norconfig%">Sending QSPI header config file</CMD>
    <CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ sh qspi-header.sh $FILE"> Generating the ascii value header</CMD>
    <!--hexdump to convert ascii value to hex file-->
    <CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ busybox hexdump -R qspi-tmp > qspi-header">Converting ascii value to hex file</CMD>
    <CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ dd if=qspi-header of=/dev/mtd0 bs=1k seek=1" ifdev="MX6SX MX6UL">Writing header to NOR flash</CMD>
    <CMD state="Updater" type="push" body="$ dd if=qspi-header of=/dev/mtd0 bs=1k seek=0" ifdev="MX7D">Writing header to NOR flash</CMD>

We are running on SABRE Board, writing Configuration Parameter at addr 0 and u-boot.imx at 0x400 an everything seems to be fine.

My Question:

Is my configuration correkt (or is it just luck) or ist the reference manual incorrect in this point (Rev_0.1, 6.6.6.2).

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dieter

you are right, reference manual incorrect in this point

and internally it was already suggestion to fix it.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dieter

you are right, reference manual incorrect in this point

and internally it was already suggestion to fix it.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!