Encountered several problems when using Vivante tools to analyze .vpd files generated by vprofiler

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encountered several problems when using Vivante tools to analyze .vpd files generated by vprofiler

wangyuan
Contributor I

The development environment is imx6q platform, linux kernel version is 3.14.52.

When I use the vProfiler tool to test gpu utilization (the .vpd files generated by vProfiler and use vAnalyzer to view vpd files), encountered several problems as follows:

1.Running the samples in viv_samples/vdk coming with kernel 3.14.52, there is only 1 .vpd files generated.

However, running my simple Qt program(using QOpenGLWidget), there are 4 .vpd files generated, 2 of them contain only 1 frame and the other 2 contain expected number of frames. Why are there multiple .vpd files generated?

捕获.PNG

2. between the 2 "valid" .vpd file mentiond at 1,  gpu utilization is different, one is big(over 80%) and the other is small (below 30%), and the addition of the 2 gpu utilization value is bigger than 100%(why?) 

RTX截图未命名1.png

RTX截图未命名2.png

3. what does driver utilization mean ? Actully, I also want to known the exact meaning of gpu utilization because of the above question.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
2 Replies

wangyuan
Contributor I

Do you have a similar problem?

Waiting for help!

Thank you!

0 Kudos

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport