Power over USB for K66F

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power over USB for K66F

tmiller
Contributor I

I'm very new to embedded development, so I'm hoping I'm asking in the right place.  I've got a K66F Freedom dev board here,and using Kinetis Design Studio, I've written a simple application to blink an LED on and off.  I have successfully ran the application on the board, over the J-LINK debug interface.  When I connect the J-LINK USB interface to power, the LED blinks.  However, when I connect the other USB interface to power, the ethernet light turns on, but the LED does not blink.  Since I am testing running the application without the J-LINK interface, I can't use a debugger to figure out what isn't working.  Is there something I'm missing here?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Tim Miller

Unfortunately I have made some test in my side and I successfully could supply power to MCU through both Micro USB connectors (OpenSDA interface and K66F USB CONNECTOR), which tell me that the problem is with your board.

My recommendation for you is to use the schematic for FRDM and check that all the powers in the MCU are correctly powered, the main power you could check is P3V3 or P3V3_K66F.

Hope this information could help you.

Best Regards

Jorge Alcala

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos