FRDM-K66 board with KDS 3.2 DEBUG

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRDM-K66 board with KDS 3.2 DEBUG

baro
Contributor I

I am trying to debug the FRDM-K66 board with KDS 3.2 but cannot enter the debug session.

I have successfully loaded the openSDA binary (FRDM-K66 from segger website) through the bootloader. After this the board appears as a drive on windows 7 as "FRDM-K66FJ". At this point, D1 will turn on RED always. The KDS fails to connect and print the following:

Connecting to J-Link...
J-Link is connected.
Firmware: J-Link OpenSDA 2 compiled Feb 28 2017 19:27:57
Hardware: V1.00
S/N: 621000000
Checking target voltage...
Target voltage: 3.30 V
Listening on TCP/IP port 2331
Connecting to target...ERROR: Failed to halt CPU
ERROR: Could not connect to target.
Target connection failed. GDBServer will be closed...Restoring target state and closing J-Link connection...
Shutting down...
Could not connect to target.
Please check power, connection and settings.

When I try the commander I get:

pastedImage_1.png

Only if I use the J-Flash tool to connect it connects, red led off and then if I try commander I also would be able to connect but if I run KDS debug it runs without stopping at main() and I can only terminate (no pause)

Please Help

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi baro

Are you able to set a erase command in the Jlink Commander? The problem is that your CPU cannot be halted, you could try the "h" (halt) command in your commander, and also try the reset command "r" to see if the red led goes away.

Are you trying an example project? Could you share what are your debug configurations settings in your KDS IDE? Do you have "Initial Reset and Halt" in the Startup options? Also verify that you have not selected "Connect to running target".

Best Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos

baro
Contributor I

Hi Jorge,

I was able to recover by using the JLINK debugger (before I was using openSDA) and performing a full erase. I have also regressed the segger package to version 6.14 (was previously using v6.16).

regards,

0 Kudos