cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Flash the SDcard using MFGtool

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi ,

I have an IMX6 based board with SDcard over it . I am able to boot the cpu in Serial Download mode . Now I want to flash my target images using MFGtool. I downloaded the L4.1.15_2.0.0-ga_mfg-tools from NXP website and able to launch the MFGtool.exe. But this application is not working , it is not detecting the board which is connected over USB.

Neither there is any option to change over MFGtool . Please suggest me how to go ahead. I have enclosed the snapshot as attachment for your reference.

Regards,

Aditya Nagal

0 Kudos
9 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aditya

as alternative one can use sect.4.3.2 Copying the full SD card image

attached Linux Guide. Regarding MFG Tool not detecting the board, just for

test one can try other computer preferably with windows xp.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi igor ,

I want to flash the sdcard using the MFGTool only , as a first step  I am trying this on an evaluation board. In my target custom board , we will have the Nand Flash which we are planning to flash using MFGtool.  So as a first step , I am trying to flash my EVM using the MFGtool.

Also we are working over Windows 7 which I can upgrade to Windows 10. We don't have any image of Windows XP in any of  our system , even Microsoft has stopped providing support of Windows XP. Does the MFGtool not  work with Windows 7/8/10 ? Please suggest us , as we have planned our future development over MFGtool only . Please advice.

Regards,

Aditya Nagal

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aditya

yes MFG Tools on below link  works with Windows 7

i.MX 6 / i.MX 7 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

For detection issue standard way is to check board with

requirements given in i.MX6 System Development User’s Guide

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/user_guide/IMX6DQ6SDLHDG.pdf

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi Igor ,

I downloaded the MFGtool package from the same Link that you shared

i.MX 6 / i.MX 7 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP .

As far as detection is concerned , Board is detected over USB  and I can flash the uboot over RAM using boundary devices tool  in serial download mode. But I want to flash the images using MFGtool over SDcard. But the board is not being detected in the MFGtool as shared in the last snapshot . Please let me know the possible reasons.

Regards,

Aditya Nagal

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aditya

please attach jtag debugger and check boot pins state in SRC_SBMR2 register

BOOT_MODE[1:0]=01 Serial Downloader

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi Igor ,

Mfgtool is now detecting the evaluation board as a HID device in the MFGtool . When I start flashing the default image in the MFGtool rootfs , it tries to flash the uboot , kernel , initramfs and then comes jumping to image and then stuck .

In the status window , it does not show any successful operation. Please suggest , what should be next step for flashing the image over SDcard.

Regards,

Aditya Nagal

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aditya

for evaluation board it is necessary to select proper *.vbs script, then click on it.
Mfg tool will load necessary parameters from it and flash image.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi Igor ,

I checked the vbs scripts , these are either meant for the Android or the Yocto based platforms. I am using buildroot as build system for generating the images. Could you please let me  know the steps , how should I go ahead to flash the images using MFGtool.

Reagrds,

Aditya Nagal

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Aditya

nxp does not support buildroot, suggest to use yocto which is supported
and works fine with mfg tool. Please use docs from
0 Kudos