cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

802.15.4 vs Beeekit or SMAC

Ioanna
Contributor I
Hello,

we are using the Freescale 802.15.4 MAC since now 2 years, before even the Beekit was released.
Yet we are still having continous problems with this MAC. Communication is not clean, network failures occuring without reason, our modules are crashing because of MAC allocation errors... Apparently there were lot of bugs inside, which were corrected in the BeeKit.
We are not even using the real MAC stack anymore, many features we implemented it on our own.
As we cant proceed forward with this MAC, we were thinking of switching to the Beekit, yet still only the 802.15.4 part, as we need no ZigBee stack.
Or even construct everything on SMAC.
Does anyone has experience what could be the timeline of switching to BeeKit/SMAC and if that is more helpful in matters of stability?

I would be very thankful to any answer.

Ioanna

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Mads
Contributor V
Hi Ioanna,

I can only highly recommend that you upgrade to the latest version of the 802.15.4 MAC.
This requires you install Beekit as this is the new Wireless connectivity toolkit used for Booth Beestack, 802.15.4 MAC and SMAC.

So no matter whether you decide to switch to SMAC you still need Beekit installed.
You will ofcause get the advantage of the latest version of the software and any enhancements and fixes that has happened over the last 2 years.

br,
Mads

0 Kudos

Ioanna
Contributor I
Thanks for your reply Mads.
I am really envisaging using the BeeKit, as i believe there are lot of good fixes.
Yet i would be very thankful about some estimations, how much it is required to switch my application today to the new stack.
For that i would need at least a changelog, what has changed in the new Beekit  compared to the previous stack. So i know what part of the code is affected.
Do you know if such a changelog is available?

0 Kudos