cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MfgTool2 read command

Jump to solution
algernonarbuthn
Contributor II

The Manufacturing Tool V2 UCL User Guide mentions a "read" command in section 2.2.2.

This is intended to copy a file back to the host. The documentation is not clear on the syntax.

Anyone know how to do this?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
algernonarbuthn
Contributor II

I figured this out after wading through the MfgTool source.

It's not mentioned in the documentation, but you need to provide a "savedfile" attribute.

So the XML looks something like:

<CMD state=Updater type=push body="read <target file spec>" savedfile="<host file spec>"><text></CMD>

There's an issue with this. The savedfile attribute values are not passed through the same mapping function as file values. This means that the saved file path is relative to the current directory.

I've also noticed some decidedly weird stuff with the XML parser. If a <CMD> is split over multiple lines, this sometimes causes commands to be skipped or issued twice. NXP should probably be using a decent XML parser, rather than something found on CodeProject.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
algernonarbuthn
Contributor II

I figured this out after wading through the MfgTool source.

It's not mentioned in the documentation, but you need to provide a "savedfile" attribute.

So the XML looks something like:

<CMD state=Updater type=push body="read <target file spec>" savedfile="<host file spec>"><text></CMD>

There's an issue with this. The savedfile attribute values are not passed through the same mapping function as file values. This means that the saved file path is relative to the current directory.

I've also noticed some decidedly weird stuff with the XML parser. If a <CMD> is split over multiple lines, this sometimes causes commands to be skipped or issued twice. NXP should probably be using a decent XML parser, rather than something found on CodeProject.

0 Kudos
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Thank you for you comments Bill,

I will comment you inputs to applications team.

Regards,

Carlos

0 Kudos