Help about Bootloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help about Bootloader

danilolima
Contributor II
I need a lot of help on a program I'm doing. It works as follows: 1-They are two programs, one is the bootloader and the other the program that is read by
the bootloader; 2-The second I use the .hex file of it and write the data in the flash memory of the first,
from position 0x10000; 3-In the first program after recording all the data I give a JumpToUserApplication to position
 0x10000; I am using frdm k64F. I want to know a few things: 1-Is it okay to do this? 2-As for the .hex file of the second program, do I record all of it in flash memory of the
 first program? I've read and tried to understand the bootloaders that are present in this community,
 like Alice's. But I want to do an easier and faster bootloader, because it will only
record the second program on the first and run it, nothing more. 
Thanks in advance for any help. 
Note: Sorry for bad English.
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Hui_Ma
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1. Yes. NXP provides the Kinetis bootloader for K64 product (FRDM-K64F board supported), more detailed info about KBOOT, please check below link:
http://www.nxp.com/products/reference-designs/kinetis-bootloader:KBOOT?fsrch=1&sr=1&pageNum=1

2. The KBOOT software also provides the user application example project, which located at below folder:
..\NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0\apps\led_demo\MK64F12
Please check those user application project as an example.

Wish it helps.

Have a great day,
Ma Hui

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos