cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lpc812 mbed keeps disconnecting, showing as a usb drive

Jump to solution
svensavic
Contributor III

I think something is wrong with my board. I just received it, so I dont know what is suppose to be the normal operation, but this for sure seems like a malfunctioning board.

My board keeps connecting/disconnecting from my laptop. Shows as a portable device in device manager and it brings the "usb drive" with mbed.htm file and fail.txt which contains string "TIMEOUT". It keeps flashing D4 USB Disk LED and D3 and D5 are on. I cannot connect to it through LPCXpresso 8.2.

If I put the power on while holding the reset button, then I get usb drive with firmware.bin file in it. Still not connecting to LPCXpresso.

Any tips ? Or should I return the board and ask for new one ?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
svensavic
Contributor III

Ok, it seems that my board have had bad firmware. Installing the new 0203 fw fixed the disconnect problem. And then installing the virtual serial driver fixed the CMSIS-DAP connection to LPCXpresso.

It is working ok now. I am just puzzled how did I got new board with malfunctioning firmware...

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
svensavic
Contributor III

Ok, it seems that my board have had bad firmware. Installing the new 0203 fw fixed the disconnect problem. And then installing the virtual serial driver fixed the CMSIS-DAP connection to LPCXpresso.

It is working ok now. I am just puzzled how did I got new board with malfunctioning firmware...

0 Kudos