Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6DL - Invert LDB clock polarity

Jump to solution
pierrelgcb
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm using iMX6DL with Android 5.1.1, Linux kernel 3.14.52. I use LVDS output for display signals. These signals are converted to RGB by an external IC because I use RGB display (only LVDS signals are available from iMX6 hardware).

I'm looking to invert clock polarity of the RGB display. So I tried to invert LVDS clock polarity, which fail until now.
The display is printing the half of screen and blinking pixels. I can see if I stop/enable the good clock source. By default, PLL5 is the clock source.

Ref manual Rev. 2, 04/2015.
- With regaccess, I tried to change some registers, including IPU_DI0_GENERAL, bit 17, di0_polarity_disp_clk => do nothing.
- p810, IPU1_DI0_CLK_ROOT source could be PLLs, ipp_di0_clk, ldb_di0_ipu => when I switch to ldb_di0_ipu (register CHSCCDR:ipu1_di0_clk_sel), screen freezes. What is the source of ldb_di0_ipu ? Which register should I change to invert this clock source ?

Any advice will help.
Thanks, Pierre

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pierre

ldb block produces waveforms like on p.16 hannstar lcd datasheet

http://boundarydevices.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/HSD070PWW1-B01.pdf 

sect.6.3 Bit Mapping & Interface Definition and clock polarity can not be changed,

regardless of ipu register settings. Seems one can try to interchange LVDS0_CLK_N and P

of external IC.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Pierre

ldb block produces waveforms like on p.16 hannstar lcd datasheet

http://boundarydevices.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/HSD070PWW1-B01.pdf 

sect.6.3 Bit Mapping & Interface Definition and clock polarity can not be changed,

regardless of ipu register settings. Seems one can try to interchange LVDS0_CLK_N and P

of external IC.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos