Write OTP on JN5168 for Code Protection (CPR)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write OTP on JN5168 for Code Protection (CPR)

mohammeds
Contributor I

Hello,

i implemented a custom flash programmer based on the JN-AN-1003_v1.13 documentation using the message types described at page23. Communicating (read and write) with the Bootloader is working fine. However the JN5168  has a one time programmable memory that i'd like to write (described at page 11) where for example you could save a custom mac address, custom user settings or activate code protection (cpr).

Whatever address (0x01001510 for Customer Settings) i try to write with message type for flash program(0x09) makes the jennic respond with an "unknown error message": 0x03 0x0a 0xfe 0x07

is there some kind of documentation on how to write the otp? are there some other kind of messagetypes needed?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

mario_castaneda
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Mohammeds,

This can be used to securely hold such things as a user 64-bit MAC address, a 128-bit AES security key and general user data.

Also, could you pleas take a look to the Multiple Image Support on JN51xx Application Note, and look the 1.1 Switching between Applications Using the App ID.
http://www.nxp.com/products/wireless-connectivity/2.4-ghz-wireless-solutions/support-resources-for-j....

Best Regards,

Mario

0 Kudos