I'm trying to setting up OLED display (display use MikroBus) for WARP7.
Is it possible to combine these item together ?
When i use FBTFT Driver (support SSD1351 controller).
It always return error.
#modprobe fbtft_device name=pioled debug=3
> spi_busnum_to_master(0) returned NULL
> fbtft_device: failed to register spi device
I also tried to modify linux kernel (check (*) or (M) for almost all "graphic device support" & "spi" support in menuconfig to use framebuffer but error return.
> Error opening /dev/fb0: No such file or directory
I really lost here since I did not work much with linux or embedded before.
The questions are:
- Is there any knowledge or tutorial or something that I should learn / follow as newbie.
- Do i go in right ways ?
====== i think the ways should be below =====
1. Plug board & display together (use MikroBus standard)
2. Power up for BOARD via USB (picocom)
3. Enable all PINs (except AN & 3.3V PIN) by linux command "echo" for GPIO
4. Run FBTFT Driver to enable display (use fb_ssd1351 modules of FBTFT driver)
5. Run "echo" command to send data to framebuffer (/dev/fb0) to display console or something on OLED display
Note: I 've read user_guideline many times and do "google-ing" for OLED display but results are about Raspberry, Arduino, others board, or LCD (not OLED).
- Linux kernel