cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wireless Uart Addressing Mode - ZigBee

thrillseeker
Contributor I
Hi to all,
         I have a problem regarding the beestack wireless uart code. it seems that the code is only useful if i use one end device and one coordinator. i encountered a problem when i used 2 end devices. it seems that when i press sw3 in order for the end devices to bind to the coordinator, only one end device was able to do so. the other end device wasn't able to bind with the coordinator. are there ways wherein i can be able to connect 2 or more end devices to a single coordinator using wireless uart? i have already searched through the BSRM.pdf file. it seems that there is a problem in the addressing mode of the wireless uart which uses indirect addressing. can someone help me or teach me on how to convert this indirect addressing to a direct one, just like the custom application given by BSADG.pdf?was wireless uart or any of the demo applications intended to be used in a one coordinator to one end device situation? many thanks for the reply!

best regards,
kris

Message Edited by NLFSJ on 2008-08-15 07:02 AM
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Mads
Contributor V
Hi kris,

the Wireless UART is a point to point application and if you "bind" multiple units (e.g. 2 ZED's to ZC) you will not get a working solution. this is basicly like mixing the data from two uarts into one receiver.

Now you should ofcause be able to bind 2 devices, without problem no matter what application you are using.

regarding indirect addressing/ direct addressing. you can not "just convert" your self - this is automaticly handled by the ZigBee stack. this is what binding is doing. if you want to obtain the address in the application and use it directly you should use a different way of commissioning. this could be service discovery (match descriptor request).

The GenericApp uses this approach. I can HIGHLY recommend that you try out the genericApp, and if you want to program your own, then follow the step by step instructions in the Beestack Application developers guide. (BSADG).

BR,
Mads

0 Kudos