cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pins for IMX Tool

gopinathsriniva
Contributor III

Hi,

I am working on porting custom IMX7 processor based on Sabresd board. I have downloaded Pins for IMX tool for Linux-ubuntu.  I tried to export my IMX7 project using pin mux tool as source file and I got the below files as output. 

pin_mux.h, pin_mux.c, iMX7D_registers.h,imx7d-board.dtsi,fsl_bitaccess.h

I have below questions, 

1. Is it possible to generate u-boot pixmux file using this tool?

2.How can I import the sabresd pin mux file (I mean which file I need give as import) so that I can do the customisation of my board pin configuration easily?

3. Can I get any documents for this pin mux tools? 

Thanks in advance. 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Gopinath Srinivasan,

The included help topics are indeed very helpful so I would recommend reviewing this information as there is no further documentation (other than the installation guide).

The code generated can be used by u-boot to load the appropriate register values and the dtsi file has the information that has to be added to the device tree in order to configure the pins.

As for the sabre board file you mean the Pin configuration file for the SABRE board? When you select File>New you can find some boards and load the muxing configuration for these boards, which is helpful if you based your design on one of these boards.

I hope this information helps!

Regards,

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please run the tool and go to the Help -> Contents menu. It describes all required procedures in details.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos