AnsweredAssumed Answered

How do you get the bootloader working for the FRDM-K22f board?

Question asked by Brendan Merna on May 25, 2017
Latest reply on May 30, 2017 by Kerry Zhou

I've been trying to the bootloader user guides to get a bootloader working on the FRDM-K22F board which I soon want working on evaluation board which will incorporate the MK22FN128 micro. I've looked at all of the documents on the KBOOT: Kinetis Bootloader page. Currently I'm following the Kinetis Bootloader Demo Application User's Guide (Doc. KBTLDRDEMOUG.pdf)

I've done everything up to 4 "The host utility application". I'm plugged into SDA USB port and I see the MBED (E:) and I see the COM33: mbed Serial Port (COM33). I try to run the command "blhost.exe -p COM33 -- get-property 1" and it fails with "Error UartPeripheral() cannot open PC UART port(COM33), speed(57600 Hz)"

When I plug it into the other USB port it registers as a mass storage device "FSL Loader (E:). This FSL Loader comes from me directly flashing the micro using the freedom bootloader project in the Bootloader SDK. I imported and built the project located at "C:\Freescale\NXP_Kinetis_Bootloader_2_0_0\targets\MK522F51212\kds. Then I used the multilink to program the Release version of this project on to the micro. I want to be able to use the bootloader in this chip to update over USB without the USB SDA interface.

Am I doing something wrong? Which USB connection am I supposed to do? What is this FSL Loader?

-Brendan

Outcomes