Can I make the M4 cortex wake up the A7 cortex from suspend mode?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I make the M4 cortex wake up the A7 cortex from suspend mode?

jonasfreitas
Contributor I

My team is shuffling into a solution that after initializing the first startup performed by Cortex A7, management is passed to the Cortex M4 due to the possibility of lower power consumption.

Labels (2)
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jonas

I am afraid not as in Suspend clocks are turned off and only wake up

sources are listed on bottom on that table: gpio,rtc,usb .

Table 5-5. Low Power Mode Definition i.MX7D Reference Manual

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX7DRM.pdf

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Probably, you mean the mode, in which both A7 and M4 core clocks are off. However, another mode is possible, when A7 cores are off, but M4 core remains running (consuming much less power than A7 cores), since the A7 and M4 core clocks are managed separately within the Clock Controller Module (CCM). And, of course, in such mode, the M4 core can wake up the A7 cores from their suspend.

Best Regards,

Artur

jonasfreitas
Contributor I

Hello Artur
This I need to do, keep the M4 core running with the A7 cores at the lowest possible consumption, and as soon as necessary the M4 wakes up the A7 cores. But I was just a little afraid, with what @ igorpadykov Mentioned at the end of the table Table 5-5. Low Power Mode Definition i.MX7D Reference Manual on the wake up modes, Mentions GPIO, RTC, USB Remote and others sourcers.

0 Kudos