cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1020A: Issue observed with LPUART3

amolshrotri
Contributor II

Hello,

We have customized LS1020A based board. I could port u-boot and Linux kernel from SDK2.0. It seems every thing is working fine only thing we observed strange behavior with  LPUART3. While porting u-boot I have added support for new customized board, updated LPUART base to LPUART3 from LPUART1, so uboot should configure lpuart3 for 115200 baud rate as rest all parameters are same that of original, but we observed LPUART3 works with some odd baud rate, I have to configured putty on host for serial with 178000 baud rate. I checked with scope as well and observed same speed. And another thing M10 bit from LPUART Baud Rate Register is set to 1 so it indicate 10 bits data, but I have configure putty for 8 bit only. And if I set this M10 bit to 0 I am not getting any output on LPUART3. System clock (100MHz) and platform clock (300MHz) these are same that of LS1021atwr devkit.

Did anyone observe similar issue?

Thanks & Regards,

Amol M Shrotri

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at attached files. These files contain LPUART driver code for the LS10xx. Check baud rate setting on your board using this example.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

amolshrotri
Contributor II

Hello Pavel,

I believe these files are similar to that from u-boot. Actually I have ported u-boot from SDK 2.0 on our LS1020A based board. So we are using the similar files for lpuart driver. And with this driver I am facing baud rate issue for LPUART3. Even we are passing 115200 for baud rate, but LPUART works or transmit data with very odd/different baud rate of 178000.

Thanks & Regards,

Amol M Shrotri

0 Kudos