DMA settings: is my requirement too complicated to be done?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMA settings: is my requirement too complicated to be done?

Jump to solution
jerrylian
Contributor IV

Here is what I achieved so far with channel linking:

* DMA will transfer out ADC results: 2-ADC channels(c1,c2), 3 samples per channel (s1,s1,s3)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DMA0->TCD[0].SADDR = (uint32_t)&adc_mux[0];                    //  (adc_mux[] = {c1, c2} //channel-1, 2
DMA0->TCD[0].DADDR = (uint32_t)&ADC1->SC1[0];

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DMA0->TCD[1].SADDR = (uint32_t) &ADC1->R[0];
DMA0->TCD[1].DADDR = (uint32_t)&adc_result[0];
DMA0->TCD[1].SOFF = 0x00;

//**** 16 bit => 2 bytes
DMA0->TCD[1].DOFF = 0x02;
DMA0->TCD[1].ATTR = DMA_ATTR_SSIZE(1)| DMA_ATTR_DSIZE(1);
DMA0->TCD[1].NBYTES_MLNO = 0x02;
DMA0->TCD[1].CITER_ELINKNO = (DMA_CITER_ELINKNO_ELINK_MASK | 0x06);
DMA0->TCD[1].BITER_ELINKNO =(DMA_BITER_ELINKNO_ELINK_MASK|0x0000|0x06);

DMA0->TCD[1].SLAST = 0x00;
DMA0->TCD[1].DLAST_SGA = -12;
DMA0->TCD[1].CSR = DMA_CSR_INTMAJOR_MASK |DMA_CSR_MAJORELINK_MASK | DMA_CSR_MAJORLINKCH(0);

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* adc_result[ ]: [ c1s1, c2s1,    c1s2, c2s2,    c1s3, c2s3 ] and repeat  -------------- so far so good!

Now I want to change outputs to be:

* adc_result[ ]: [ c1s1, c1s2, c1s3,        c2s1, c2s2, c2s3 ] and repeat

* (Attention: ADC still produce results in order of: c1s1, c2s1,  c1s2, c2s2, c1s3, c2s3 )!

* How can I achieve this?

Thanks!

Jerry

0 Kudos
1 Solution
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jerry Lian

It is not possible to set that order with a configuration of DOFF, CITER, BITER, etc. for this case you could use another DMA to order your array, but this is not the most optimal implementation, so I don't know if it works for you. Another option is to use scatter gatter feature, but for this you will have to implement 12 different TCD configuration, so I don't know if it works for you.

Hope this information could help you. Please let me know fi you have any other question.

Best Regards

Jorge Alcala

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jorge_a_vazquez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jerry Lian

It is not possible to set that order with a configuration of DOFF, CITER, BITER, etc. for this case you could use another DMA to order your array, but this is not the most optimal implementation, so I don't know if it works for you. Another option is to use scatter gatter feature, but for this you will have to implement 12 different TCD configuration, so I don't know if it works for you.

Hope this information could help you. Please let me know fi you have any other question.

Best Regards

Jorge Alcala

0 Kudos
jerrylian
Contributor IV

Hi, Jorge:

I have figured it by using dynamic scatter/gather feature. And I just need one TCD instead of 12 in TCD-loop, surely I need to update TCD during major interrupt!

Thanks for your answer!

Jerry

0 Kudos