How to set DDR Freq 533MHz using i.MX6/7 DDR Test Tool?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set DDR Freq 533MHz using i.MX6/7 DDR Test Tool?

Jump to solution
hirosuzu
Contributor I

Dear All,

According to a datasheet, the maximum DDR3 clock freq is 533MHz(DDR-1033).

So I want to set DDR Freq(MHz) :533MHz(DDR-1033) using  i.MAX6 DDR Stress test tool V2.60.

But this tool default setting is max 528MHz.

How do I set DDR Freq(MHz) :533MHz ?

I 'm thankful to you if you will kindly reply me soon.

Regards,

Hiro.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The maximum speed of the MMDC interface for the MX6 using DDR3 is 528MHz.
When higher speed graded DRAM parts users should apply the timings, rated for the
maximum speed (frequency) with which you are running, say, for DDR3-1066 - 533MHz.
You can use the closest speed bin to your operational frequency.

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The maximum speed of the MMDC interface for the MX6 using DDR3 is 528MHz.
When higher speed graded DRAM parts users should apply the timings, rated for the
maximum speed (frequency) with which you are running, say, for DDR3-1066 - 533MHz.
You can use the closest speed bin to your operational frequency.

Have a great day,
Yuri

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos