Cory Perkins

How to get started with BLE FRDMKW41Z

Discussion created by Cory Perkins on May 18, 2017
Latest reply on May 22, 2017 by Rodríguez

I have been having some difficulty starting my own BLE project using MCUXpresso IDE.  

I first built an SDK using the MCUXpresso SDK builder following the same process suggested in https://community.nxp.com/thread/449713 I made sure to select BLE in the middleware selection when following this process.  

Unfortunately, when I use the "New Project" wizard I don't see any option of including any of the BLE drivers or any files that grant me access to the BLE API.  

I can import a sample project from the SDK which does include the necessary files to invoke BLE functionality.  These are located in project_root/bluetooth/ , project_root/source/gatt_db.h, and project_root/source/gatt_uuid128.h I can compile these projects and run them on my hardware and the ble functionality works great.

So I know that the ble stack files exist within the SDK, I just don't know how to get them into my new project with the new project wizard (If that is even possible)

I can copy and paste these files into my project, but I haven't found a way to view or edit the makefile.  In fact, even when looking at the contents of the directory generated by the new project wizard directly, no makefile can be found.  I assume then that MCUXpresso has some internal solution that is built into the .CPROJECT file.  

I am hoping that I am just missing some option while using the New Project wizard, but I might be missing some other detail here.

So Ultimately my questions are as follows:
1. How can I get the BLE stack files into my project using the New Project Wizard in MCUXpresso IDE

2. Failing that, how can I modify the "makefile" to include files that I copy and paste into my project from elsewhere

In case it is of any help in answering the question, my SDK is built for the frdmkw41z and I have also included freertos.

Thanks so much for any replies!

Outcomes