Fingerprint Scanner GT-511C1R and frdm-k82f nxp board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint Scanner GT-511C1R and frdm-k82f nxp board

mesdouaabderraz
Contributor III

hi, on my project i have a Fingerprint Scanner GT-511C1R and a frdm-k82f nxp board, and i want to connect they, for realise a test of Fingerprint recognition, somebody can tell me how i can do it, ?

5 Replies

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello MESDOUA Abderrazek,

1. Do you want to use the FRDM-K82 to read your fingerprint ?

If yes, please check what the communication port you need, UART? I check the fingerprint which you mentioned.

It is using the UART.

So, you need to find a UART driver for K82 chip.

2. About the pin to read and write a board.

It is determined by your definition.

If you have the UART driver which already initialize the UART, you can check the pin in your code, then connect your hardware to the same pin in the software.

If you hardware already have the fixed pin, then you can modify your K82 software.

3. I don't know what the SDL you mean, and something other platforms you mean.

You can give me more details.

Have a great day,
Kerry

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

As I know, GT=-511C1R can be used by the simple UART protocol:

Fingerprint Scanner - TTL (GT-511C1R) - SEN-13007 - SparkFun Electronics 

So, you can find the K82 uart driver, then send the according commander which your fingerprint need.

We don't have the directly project for the third-part fingerprint, but we can provide you the K82 uart driver.

You can find the K82 driver from this link:

Welcome to MCUXpresso | MCUXpresso Config Tools 

SDK builder, choose board as FRDM-K82, generate the code, and download it.

You can find the uart code from this folder:

SDK_2.2_FRDM-K82F\boards\frdmk82f\driver_examples\lpuart

Wish it helps you!

Have a great day,
Kerry

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

mesdouaabderraz
Contributor III

hello, @kerry_zhou.

Can you help me please, Because I am looking for a tutorial on uart connection and programming needed, and where I can find library on kinetis design studio.

thank you

0 Kudos

kerryzhou
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Do you have download the KSDK code for FRDM-K82?

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/configuration-settings 

SDK builder, then configure it like this:

pastedImage_1.png

Then generate the code, and download it, you can find the UART KDS code in folder:

SDK_2.2_FRDM-K82F\boards\frdmk82f\driver_examples\lpuart

Please try it at first.

Any further question, just let me know!

Have a great day,
Kerry

0 Kudos

mesdouaabderraz
Contributor III

hello, thank you for your reply.

it's not that my problem, My real problem is how to set the pin for read or write on a board,

This is something other platforms can do with a couple lines of code.  Referring to the examples in the SDL that use the built in button and LED and interne équipement don't help, because they are not referenced the same way.

0 Kudos