cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADC_Soft reset.

madhavkumar
Contributor I

How to make ADC_Soft rest?

I have set the bit ADC0CTL_0_ADC_SR = 1 in ADCCTL_0 register and i couldnt see that this bit is set to 1, when i run my program.

The main aim is to make a ADC soft reset ,if any one of the flags is set IA_EIF ,CMD_EIF ,EOL_EIF in ADCEIF register.

Can any one help to fix this issue and also any idea of how much time it needs to make a soft reset?

Thanks,

Madhav.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
2 Replies

RadekS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Madhav,

The ADC soft reset is possible only if any of IA_EIF ,CMD_EIF ,EOL_EIF or TRIG_EIF flags is already set in ADCEIF register.

Please look at errata for ADC. There is software workaround how to cause TRIG_EIF error and soft reset of ADC. Here are errata for S12ZVC:

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/errata/S12ZVC_0N23N.pdf

I hope it helps you.

Have a great day,
Radek

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

madhavkumar
Contributor I

Hi Radek,

Thanks it works now. I try to produce the error and the soft reset does its job. 

Thanks,

Madhav.

0 Kudos