Any fix for gstreamer bayer2rgb ! pngenc failure?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any fix for gstreamer bayer2rgb ! pngenc failure?

Jump to solution
patsandt
Contributor III

I'm trying to capture png files from my mt9p031 camera. It is i2c/12 bits. The gst-launch command that routes the camera output through bayer2rgb ! jpegenc works as expected, but the bayer2rgb ! pngenc does not. (I'm seeing vertical bars of no data in every other column?) I suspect that bayer2rgb outputs 8 bits and pngenc expects 16, but I see no way of changing bayer2rgb or pngenc to fix the problem. Does anyone have a fix? Alternatively, if there is some other lossless format that would work, I'd love to hear about it.

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pat,

Currently in both 0.10 and 1.0 the caps for Bayer are limited to 8-bits, so far there is no patch, 

Regards

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
patsandt
Contributor III

We had investigated a little further, and it appears that bayer2rgb actually outputs rgba, but a alternates between 255 and 0. Hence the problem. I suppose that explains the few people using png encoding. Now if I could only find a plug-in that forces the a to 255 all the time...

0 Kudos
Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pat,

Currently in both 0.10 and 1.0 the caps for Bayer are limited to 8-bits, so far there is no patch, 

Regards

0 Kudos