Wrong measurements with MPX5999D sensor

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong measurements with MPX5999D sensor

luzespinoza
Contributor I

Hi! I'm intended to measure Oxygen pressure with MPX5999D sensor but when I read the Vout with my microcontroller, I got wrong values (15-25 KPa under real value measured with manometer). Is there any kind of compensation that I need to do in my software o any wiring consideration that I'm missing?  

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

darioarias
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Luz,

There is no special wiring for this part (besides the power supply decoupling circuit), neither a compensation that needs to be done, but please be advised, that for all standard pressure sensor products, any environment other than dry air, will have some impact on the reliability and lifetime of the product. Our silicon pressure sensors are NOT compatible with oil, gas, petrol and water or water vapors, or chemicals.

In general, our pressure sensors were designed and are warranted for use in clean dry air only. However, we offer an application note that mentions the media compatibility for our pressure sensors.You can check the AN3728 for further detail on the reliability of the sensors when measuring Oxygen pressure.

Regards,

Darío

0 Kudos