cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic way for bring up custom imx6sl board

moranmoran
Contributor III

Hi All,

We are building an custom board assembly with imx6sl.

Can any one share what is the basic way to bring up imx6sl processor ?

It should be non expensive JTAG pod with open source IDE ( such as eclipse ).

thanks for advance,

Moran.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

There are many options to use an IDE, the most popular is Eclipse, in this case you need to set the toolchain and the rootfile system you will use in your image to develop in Eclipse. Unfortunately NXP does not provide any IDE to develop applications for i.MX devices. You may look for options with third parties.

On the other hand we provide the way to build a Linux image with Yocto, and it provides a meta-toolchain to cross compile in linux.

In order to install meta-toolchain and cross compile a simple hello world application you may follow the next commands.

$ bitbake meta-toolchain
$ sh tmp/deploy/sdk/poky-eglibc-x86_64-arm-toolchain-1.4.1.sh
$ source /opt/poky/1.4.1/environment-setup-armv7a-vfp-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi
$ arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc -v
$ arm-poky-linux-gnueabi-gcc hello.c -o hello

Of course you need to write your hello.c file first.

I wrote the attached document for a costumer, you can use it as reference, just take in mind that in step 4.3.1 you must indicate imx6ulevk as your machine and in 4.3.2 the image you want to build. The details on this step are in chapter 5 Image Build in Freescale Yocto Project User's Guide.

If you have any question please let me know.

Best regards,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos