Cannot write EEprom via I2C on NT3H2111

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot write EEprom via I2C on NT3H2111

braytoot
Contributor I

In the process of developing the firmware to read and write to the memory locations in the NT3H2111, I used
a driver that was not properly handling the address range for this part.  In the process of testing it, I corrupted
several locations that I had not intended to write to.  Now I am unable to write to address 1-58.  The driver that I
am using is able to write to the SDRAM locations (248->251) on this device.  I am able to run this firmware on another device and
it is properly working.  Since I am able to read and write data to the SDRAM locations I assume I have not changed
the I2C address but I am not sure since when I read what is stored in the first page at location 0, I read 00 instead
of 04. 

I assume I have locked all of the pages but I am not sure how to unlock each them.  I assume I could write to block address 0 and
change the static lock bytes.  I also assume I can write to block 56 and change the dynamic lock bytes.  So far I have not
been successful.  When I send data to the chip via the I2C, I get an ACK on the address and the block address but the first data
byte gives me a NAK. 

Is there a way to unlock the location?

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Kan_Li
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Bray,

For the address you mentioned above, do you mean they are all in sector 0? Please kindly help to clarify.

Thanks for your patience!

Have a great day,
Kan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos