gstreamer concurrent encode/display

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

gstreamer concurrent encode/display

robertchapin
Contributor III

Hi, I am trying to display a yuv file to the hdmi port and concurrently h.264 encode this file on a imx6 solo wandboard.. This is a temporary step until we get the camera port running and then we will move the input from the file to input camera CSI port.  This is my attempt to perform this task with a script/command line.  Note I have tried with and without the ! into queue. I can break up the command below into a hdmi only and encode only which they both work. I am basically trying to merge these 2 commands to concurrently display and encode the input file.  Note . I am also converting the command line to C code so I am also looking at how to code this up. This will be part of our main line operation.

THIS DOES NOT WORK: gst-launch-1.0 -v filesrc location=out420.yuv typefind=true ! videoparse name=yuvstrm format=2 width=640 height=360 framerate=30 ! queue ! video/x-raw,format=I420,width=640,height=360 ! imxvpuenc_h264 gop-size=30 bitrate=512 ! h264parse ! matroskamux ! filesink location=test_640x360.mp4 yuvstrm. ! queue ! imxipuvideosink window-x-coord=400 window-y-coord=0 window-width=1080 window-height=1080

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link yuvstrm to queue1 OR without the queue

WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link yuvstrm to imxipuvideosink

NOTE: THIS WORKS gst-launch-1.0  -v filesrc location=out420.yuv typefind=true  ! videoparse name=yuvstrm format=2 width=640 height=360 framerate=30  ! video/x-raw,format=I420,width=640,height=360 ! imxvpuenc_h264 gop-size=30 bitrate=512 ! h264parse ! matroskamux ! filesink location=test_640x360.mp4 

NOTE THIS WORKS TOO : gst-launch-1.0  -v filesrc location=out420.yuv typefind=true  ! videoparse name=yuvstrm format=2 width=640 height=360 framerate=30  ! imxipuvideosink window-x-coord=400 window-y-coord=0 window-width=1080 window-height=1080

Thanks

Rob

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

robertchapin
Contributor III

HI Igor , I have been on both of these links and these do not help me with resolving how to concurrently send to hdmi and encode/ make a movie. I have searched your site and googled forever for examples using imx plugins.  Is there a location with lots of examples or is their someone else in the community that can help me out?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Robert

gstreamer-imx plugins are used in the case, in general one can also try nxp

gstreamer plugins. Difference between community gstreamer-imx plugins and
nxp gstreamer plugins described on

trac.gateworks.com/wiki/Yocto/gstreamer

nxp gstreamer plugins are described on documentation given on

http://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=L4.1.15_2.0.0-LINUX-DOCS&Parent_nodeId=133769948107170617... 

gstreamer-imx are supported by community, please check maintainer of

gstreamer-imx plugins mentioned on
https://community.nxp.com/thread/445732

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos