Did you mean: 

Missing Frame-Buffer and Unable to capture images

ngreen
Contributor II

Hello,

-------------------------

Edited (22/05/2017)

-------------------------

We (Yakov Shaulov and I) are unable to capture images with our custom Parallel Camera that is connected to our custom i.MX6SL Board.

We followed the "i.MX BSP Porting Guide" (Doc. Num. IMXBSPPG Rev. 0, 10/2016), and used ov5642.c ov5640.c (at /drivers/media/platform/mxc/capture & /drivers/media/platform/mxc/subdev directories) as a template to our Custom Camera Driver.

On Kernel start-up we get the following errors:

Error opening /dev/fb0: No such file or directory

pxp-v4l2 pxp_v4l2_out: failed to call pxp_set_fbinfo

When we try to launch the command: gst-launch-1.0 imxv4l2src device=/dev/video0 num-buffers=1 ! jpegenc ! filesink location=capture.jpeg, we get the following errors:

Can't get caps from capture device, use the default setting.

Perhaps haven't capture  device.

What we are missing?

We understand that our problem is that there is no frame-buffer present. If that is the issue, what we need to add to get it right?

Attached: kernel log & dts files (after some changes)

Original Attachment has been moved to: imx6sl_kernel_log.txt.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: imx6sl-wizcom.dts.zip

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Nadav,

Per Kernel log you have enable a USBCAM - uvcvideo USB Video Class driver, If this is the video output you are looking for, you should see your video on Video2 or 3

For general information about enable and use ov5642 on i.MX6 please check:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/313467 

Hope this helps

0 Kudos

ngreen
Contributor II

Hi Alfred,

Well, the USBCAM was configured by mistake (as I mentioned we are trying to build and configure a custom i.MX6SL board, so we used the i.MX6SL-EVK BSP as the base to ours, and there are some configurations that we might have forgotten to remove).

Before removing USBCAM (and even after), we only had /dev/video0 - so the problem may still be that we get the error for the Frame-Buffer and maybe some configurations missing regarding IPU

Thanks

0 Kudos