Android 7 flashing error - Please update your sfdisk version to 2.26 or later version

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 7 flashing error - Please update your sfdisk version to 2.26 or later version

ThanarajS
Contributor III

Hi All,

We are getting below error while flashing the image into SD-Card. This error only observed when we use Android 7 platform in Ubuntu 14.04 64bit.

root@cpu-493-PC:/work/myandroid/out/target/product/evk_6sl# sudo /work/myandroid/./device/fsl/common/tools/fsl-sdcard-partition.sh -f imx6sl /dev/sdb

Please update your sfdisk version to 2.26 or later version

If we update the sfdisk version into 2.26 or later version using util-linux-2.29 package from kernel.org, OS is not functioning after installing new version.

Please provide help to fix this issue. We have observed the same issue in Three Setup.

Thanks!!!

Regards,

Raj.

Regards,
Thanaraj Subramani
Labels (5)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

joanxie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Instead of make install to the system, just modify the script file to point to this newly build sfdisk so that it does not change other tools; which are:

vmuser@ubuntu:~/Temp/8dv-android-beta-mybuilt$ diff fsl-sdcard-partition.sh fsl-sdcard-partition-mod.sh

71c71

< sfdisk_version=`sfdisk -v | awk '{print $4}' | awk -F '.' '{print $2}'`

---

> sfdisk_version=`/home/vmuser/Temp/util-linux-2.26.2/sfdisk -v | awk '{print $4}' | awk -F '.' '{print $2}'`

83c83

< total_size=`sfdisk -s ${node}`

---

> total_size=`/home/vmuser/Temp/util-linux-2.26.2/sfdisk -s ${node}`

132c132

<     dd if=${systemimage_raw_file} of=${node}${part}5 conv=fsync

---

>     dd if=${systemimage_raw_file} of=${node}${part}5 conv=fsync bs=4096

142c142

< sfdisk --force ${opt_unit}  ${node} << EOF

---

> /home/vmuser/Temp/util-linux-2.26.2/sfdisk --force ${opt_unit}  ${node} << EOF

162c162

< sfdisk --force ${opt_unit} ${node} -N1 << EOF

---

> /home/vmuser/Temp/util-linux-2.26.2/sfdisk --force ${opt_unit} ${node} -N1 << EOF

vmuser@ubuntu:~/Temp/8dv-android-beta-mybuilt$

Also, when doing dd of the raw system image, I add the option “bs=4096”, which could greatly increase the speed to program the SD card image, especially run on vmimage.

Remember to install this package to get “simg2img” being used in the script file.

$ sudo apt-get install android-tools-fsutils

0 Kudos

Raana
Contributor III

Dear Joan Xie,

Your post is more helpful for me.

I have downloaded the same util-linux-2.26.2.tar.gz from net and tried to find the sfdisk. It's available in "util-linux-2.26.2/bash-completion/sfdisk"

It this the proper compiled binary or we need to compile this source ?

Because, I have faced many issues after using this 'util-linux-2.26.2/bash-completion/sfdisk' in script.

I hope you understand my position. Please help me to move further.

Thanks in Advance.

Best Regards,

J.P.Raja

0 Kudos