cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which one is faster , booting from eMMC or Raw Nand Flash

adityanagal
Contributor III

Hi , 

I am working over the IMX6 solo , and need to decide the booting option for the IMX6 solo. Which one will be faster , booting from eMMC card or the Nand Flash. 

Regards, 

Aditya Nagal

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Aditya Nagal,

Both the nand and emmc can work for your design. In our reference design, we use the emmc, SD card. So here I recommand you to use the emmc for your design. You can refer to our refrence design, both hardware and software. And It will help save your design time and easy to use.
Have a great day,
Rita

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

adityanagal
Contributor III

Thanks for the response. Could you please share the link of the reference design.

Regards,

Aditya Nagal

0 Kudos

Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Aditya Nagal,

You can refer to the link design, i.MX6DL-SDP.

SABRE Platform for Smart Devices|NXP
Have a great day,
Rita

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos