cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMX6Q SSI interface in TDM mode

deepakkumarvija
Contributor I

Hi All,

We would like to interface an external codec in TDM mode with the SSI interface. RXDSEL field in the AUDMUX data control register specifies the source port for data. If AUDMUX3 is used as external interface to the codec, RXDSEL = 010 for the internal SSI. But what should be the RXDSEL value for AUDMUX3 which is used for the external interface with the codec. The data source for AUDMUX3 is the actually the codec. How to set this value ? I would also like any additional inputs/experiences for TDM mode configuration of the SSI interface in IMX6Q.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Deepak

for AUDMUX opeartion one can also check AN2628 Programming Audio

Applications in the i.MX21

http://www.nxp.com/assets/documents/data/en/application-notes/AN2628.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

deepakkumarvija
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the reply. I have gone through the application note and also the SSI interface section in the IMX6DQRM document. But there is still a doubt in the TDM format expected by the SSI interface. We are interfacing an external codec and we want make sure that the output of the codec is in the format expected by the SSI Interface.For normal I2S format there is information in the document. But for TDM mode not able find any. Can you suggest any document or inputs?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Deepak

for TDM Codec is used Network mode according to Table 61-4. SSI Operating Modes

i.MX6DQ Reference Manual. It is described in sect.61.8.1.2 Network Mode

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX6DQRM.pdf

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos