Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set KDS to build a 'Run' version

Jump to solution
danreltek
Contributor III

Hello All,

I'm using KDS v3.2.0 with a FRDM-KL25Z and I am only getting one build option: Debug.

How can I get the 'Run' option?

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dan,

You can create new build configurations, see Build Configurations in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse.

'Release' or 'Debug' really depends on your needs and settings, see Debug vs. Release? | MCU on Eclipse .

How to do 'Run', see Emulating Eclipse ‘Run’ with ‘Debug’ Configuration | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dan,

You can create new build configurations, see Build Configurations in Eclipse | MCU on Eclipse.

'Release' or 'Debug' really depends on your needs and settings, see Debug vs. Release? | MCU on Eclipse .

How to do 'Run', see Emulating Eclipse ‘Run’ with ‘Debug’ Configuration | MCU on Eclipse 

I hope this helps,

Erich

danreltek
Contributor III

Thanks Erich

These articles were exactly what I needed.

I guess I would classify myself as a 'printf()' debugger. While I have a degree in IT, I have never worked with other industry people, so haven't had the luxury of a mentor looking over my shoulder and saying things like "Why are you doing this the hard way?! Move over and let me show you how its done!"

I can use the debugger to single step and look at variable values but I get the feeling that if I understood how to use it properly, things would go a lot faster.

Is there a document like a tutorial on using all aspects of a debugger that you can recommend?

Thanks again

Dan

0 Kudos
marek-trmac
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Dan,

there are two different things:

1. Build configuration: this affects how the build is done, what sources are build, what parameters and conditional symbols are defined. Typical names are "Debug" and "Release". In your project, you have only "Debug"
  2. The way how to start the application: either in DEBUG mode (e.g. to debug the application) or in RUN mode (without debugging). See green buttons on toolbar.

Regards

Marek

Regards,
Marek
0 Kudos
danreltek
Contributor III

Thanks Marek for your time,

I needed more information though. I have that now.

0 Kudos