AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to find the CPC SRAM device driver within QorIQ SDK 2.0?

Question asked by Frank Christiny on May 9, 2017
Latest reply on May 14, 2017 by Frank Christiny

Within u-boot I modified the L3 cache in the NXP QorIQ P5020 multiprocessor of my board to behave as SRAM, as per the instructions in "Configuring CoreNet Platform Cache (CPC) as SRAM For Use by Linux Applications" (NXP Application Note 4749.)  In section 3.2.1 "mmap interface callback" of that document it states that:

"The QorIQ DPAA SDK includes a Linux SRAM device driver that provides an interface that lets application use the SRAM."  So, I downloaded the NXP QorIQ SDK 2.0 SOURCE ISO and proceeded to install it for the P5020DS board (similar to my own.)  I installed different file system images (*), among them fsl-image-minimal and fsl-image-core.  In none of the successfully installed images I can find the CPC SRAM driver anywhere.  There are other SRAM drivers in the installations, such as for DaVinci or BestComm SRAMs, but not for the CPC SRAM within the P5020.  Can anyone help, please?

(*) I failed to install fsl-image-full because apparently I don't have SDL devel installed in my Ubuntu 16.04.  I installed libsdl1.2-dev, but it does not seem to be recognized by the QorIQ SDK installer, which is looking for SDL-dev instead.

Outcomes