Erik Walthinsen

LPC4370 board bootstrapping problems

Discussion created by Erik Walthinsen on May 8, 2017
Latest reply on Jan 13, 2018 by Dan Stahlke

Due to the utter lack of any LPC4370 breakout boards (the LPC-Link2 + LabTool gives me a ridiculously tiny number of pins), I was forced to design and fabricate my own breakout.  I've attached a picture and the Eagle (7.x) schematic for it for reference.  I've been trying to narrow down what's going on, but running into some very strange things.

First off, when I try to load my normal project, I get an error saying that the SPIFI flash is "unsupported".  I have a IS25LP080D on my board instead of the Winbond (obsolete) that's on the LPC-Link2.  However, that's not where I'm stuck right now.  I suspect that'll be an issue next...

At the moment, I'm running a test program that doesn't touch the flash, and it's hard faulting in the clock setup code, in a somewhat non-deterministic way.  I'll either get:

0x10322002
<signal handler called>() at 0xfffffff1
0x184
Chip_Clock_SetupMainPLLMult() at clock_18xx_43xx.c:222
Chip_Clock_SetupMainPLLHz() at clock_18xx_43xx.c:176

or

HardFault_Handler() at cr_startup_lpc43xx.c:459
<signal handler called>() at 0xfffffff1
Chip_Clock_SetupMainPLLMult() at clock_18xx_43xx.c:222
0x6766e72

or

bss_init() at cr_startup_lpc43xx.c:288
<signal handler called>() at 0xffffff1
0x27ac
0xc8933f14

However, if I set a breakpoint at Chip_SetupCoreClock() at sysinit_18xx_43xx.c:97 on a call to Chip_Clock_SetupMainPLLHz(), then resume from there, the chip works just fine at least to the test code that toggles a pin.

I need to get these boards going so I can continue with my work, does anybody have any ideas what on earth might be happening here???

Original Attachment has been moved to: lpc4370-breakout.sch.zip

Attachments

Outcomes