cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot compile lpc18xx example using Keil uVision5

yuanbinzhou
Contributor II

Hi all,

we are evaluating several functions on LPC1837 platforms using examples downloaded from LPCOpen Software for LPC18XX|NXP .Unfortunately we cannot compile those projects using keil uVision5 although we have build the library lib_lpc_chip_18xx and lib_lpc_board_nxp_lpcxpresso_1837 successfully. The detailed log when I build the cdc_vcom is listed below:

Error: C4065E: type of input file 'C:\Users\credo\Downloads\lpcopen_3_01_keil_iar_nxp_lpcxpresso_1837\LPC43xx_18xx\prj_xpresso1837\keil\usbd_rom_dfu_composite\RTE' unknown
compiling main.c...
Error: C4065E: type of input file 'C:\Users\credo\Downloads\lpcopen_3_01_keil_iar_nxp_lpcxpresso_1837\LPC43xx_18xx\prj_xpresso1837\keil\usbd_rom_dfu_composite\RTE' unknown
compiling msc_ram.c...
compiling usbd_dfu.c...
linking...
.\keil_output\dfu_composite.axf: error: L6002U: Could not open file .\keil_output\sysinit.o: No such file or directory
Finished: 0 information, 0 warning, 0 error and 1 fatal error messages.
".\keil_output\dfu_composite.axf" - 1 Error(s), 0 Warning(s).

We have installed all the CMSIS packages needed by Keil uVision5. How to solve this kind of problem.

Thanks in advance for your help. I hope you have a nice day. 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

laurentchabin
Contributor I

Hello, I have the same type of problem for the LPC4300 (dual core keil ngx explorer)

Error: C4065E: type of input file '...\NXP\dual core\lpcopen_3_01_keil_iar_ngx_xplorer_4330\LPC43xx_18xx\prj_xplorer4330\keil\dualcore_blinky\RTE' unknown

etc...

ARM:CMSIS is installed fixed 4.5.0

Keil:LPC4300_DFP is fixed 2.5.0

Keil:MDK-Middleware is fixed 6.5.0 (going to latest changes nothing)

BSP :

LED on green, 

CMIS

core on green

Device :

GPIO on  green

SCU : on green

startup : on green

nothing red/orange

Trying to compile dualcode_blinky

can compile the 3 libds chip/chip_m0, ngx_xplorer_4330, ngx_xplorer_4330_m0

but blinky fails with error 

Error: C4065E: type of input file '...\NXP\dual core\lpcopen_3_01_keil_iar_ngx_xplorer_4330\LPC43xx_18xx\prj_xplorer4330\keil\dualcore_blinky\RTE' unknown

etc...

by the way nowhere is explained _m0 vs .

Is it _m0 : using only m0 ?, using only m4 ? using both ? 

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yuanbin,

I have tested on my side and the examples are working correctly:

pastedImage_1.png

I noticed from your build output that the errors reference the dfu_composite project, please make sure the project cdc_vcom is set as active before compiling. Also, did you added a folder named RTE to the dfu_composite project?

Best Regards!
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos

yuanbinzhou
Contributor II

Hi Carlos,

Thanks very much for your reply. All notifications you have mentioned have been noticed during previous compilation process. One item that is  strange in my environment setting is that something missed in the "Project->Manage->Manage Run-Time Environment"(that can be abbreviated as RTE(I guess)), to be specific:"CMSIS Driver->CAN API and SAI API:API is not found". I have installed the ARM:CMSIS,Keil:LPC1800_DFP,Keil:MDK-Middleware package with newest version and it seems that nothing wrong with those items. That is really strange.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Mendoza
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Yuanbin,

Please make sure you have the correct Packs installed, here is the information from my side:
pastedImage_1.png
Do you have the LPC1800_DFP  and CMSIS packs installed?

Best Regards!
Carlos Mendoza
Technical Support Engineer

0 Kudos