Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignoring i.MX6UL PMM Signals

Jump to solution
johannesdev
Contributor III

Dear all!

We are developing a low-cost board using the i.MX6UL Processor and no specific PMIC devices (such as the PF3000). The processor should start its operation when the supply is "plugged in", the user cannot start nor stop the application.

This leads me to the following question:

The i.MX6 has a PMM residing in the SNVS_LO domain offering nice features like the ONOFF or PMIC_ON_REQU pin. These are, however, not interesting in our application (als the SOC is not to be powered up nor down by the user). Thus, is it safe (regarding to cross-currents or internal signals of the i.MX6) to ignore the function of the PMM (and with it the ONOFF pin and the PMIC_ON_REQU) and just power up all i.MX6 rails in the correct order (SNVS -> VDD_HIGH -> VDD_SOC)?

Thank you for your help,

Johannes!

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Johannes

you are right, one can ignore functions of the PMM and just power up all i.MX6 rails

in the correct power-up sequence.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Johannes

you are right, one can ignore functions of the PMM and just power up all i.MX6 rails

in the correct power-up sequence.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!