Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6Q ESAI interface and 32 bit transfers

Jump to solution
neilturner
Contributor III

Hi,

I would like to use the ESAI interface on an SCM-iMX6Q as a general purpose 'frame sync' interface (i.e not for audio data), but I need to Tx and Rx 32 bits per frame, and I need all 32 bits (See attached document ESAI_RequiredTxRx.pdf, the Tx and Rx CLKs and FSs are generated by the external device).

Is this possible? From my reading of IMX6DQRM.pdf it looks like the ESAI can only extract 24 bits from within a 32 bit frame...is this correct or is there a way to Tx and Rx all 32 bits in the ESAI_ETDR and ESAI_ERDR?

Regards,

Neil

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Neil

right, unfortunately ESAI can only extract 24 bits.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Neil

right, unfortunately ESAI can only extract 24 bits.

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos