cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK v2.0 vs v2.2

rtoma
Contributor III

Hi there,

I have recently started using NXP tools and the FRDM-KL82Z with KDS 3.0.  

Code has already been developed based on SDK v2.0. A while ago, when the project has started it was the latest available version. However in the meantime it has been upgraded to version 2.2. (I am unable to download version 2.0 this version from the MCUXpresso website.) 

Can someone explain what are the risks (if any) involved in moving the project from SDK v2.0 to SDK 2.2?

Thank you!

3 Replies

Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Radu Toma, hope you are doing great, regarding to your question please check the release notes from the KSDK 2.0 I will attach the files  and go to the  section 9, 10, 11 these are the changes from every version.

hope this help to your question.

best regards

have a great day !!

Jonathan

0 Kudos

rtoma
Contributor III

Thanks Jonathan!

We have switched from SDK 2.0 to SDK 2.2. What is not that clear from the release notes is which libraries have changed from 2.0 to 2.2 and what has changed. Indeed that the sections you have mentioned are stating the changes, which is very helpful, but it would be good to state which changes are part of which SDK.

For example, the I2C library suffered some changes from SDK 2.0 to SDk 2.2. When building we got some errors, so it was easy to go fix it.  

0 Kudos

Jmart
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Radu -

There were some minor changes to a few of the drivers from 2.0.0 to 2.2.0. The peripheral driver APIs should be stable at this time, where you might see some new APIs, but no changes to existing APIs as the software matures. Thanks for using the MCUXpressoSDK!