What functions does the LED drivers play ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What functions does the LED drivers play ?

maryzhu
Contributor I

I read an electronic magazine in which there is a report on what functions the Led drivers play. After reading, I became interested in LED drivers. So I searched some related materials and information about this topic from google. Today I come to this forum to turn to you to discuss my understandings are appropriate.

Here are my personal understandings:

1, because the LED is a feature-sensitive semiconductor devices, but also has a negative temperature characteristics, LED drive power (also known as the drive) is in the application process to its stable working state protection.
2, LED devices on the drive power requirements near the harsh, LED is not like ordinary incandescent bulbs, you can directly connect 220V AC mains. LED is a low voltage drive, you must design a complex conversion circuit, different uses of LED lights, to be equipped with different power adapter. Design a good power supply must take into account the efficiency of conversion, effective power, constant current accuracy, power life, electromagnetic compatibility of these factors, because the role of power in the entire lamp is like an important as the heart of the people.

3. If only the amount of points, do not need a drive.
The drive is actually a constant current source, LED need this work because the LED voltage is not a constant value. General LED work is constant current work, so you can keep the LED life. If your battery is connected directly to the LED. LED is also able to work, and very bright, should be the current will become larger, that LED life will be greatly reduced.

Ps: Excuse me if I was wrong in words or expressions as I am a green hand in the field of LED drivers. I need continual learnings.

What is your idea ? Do you agree with my ideas ? Any of your ideas would be highly appreciated.

May someone would like to help ?

thanks in advance

Labels (1)
  • RF

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
0 Replies