Recreating Workspaces from GIT?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recreating Workspaces from GIT?

tobert
Contributor I
In a previous thread, the advice was given that when placing an LPCXpresso project on a SCCS (like Git), only "the project folder" should be placed under source control. This sounds perfectly reasonable, except my firmware consists of two projects:
before.png
So in order to "simulate" a colleague trying to collaborate via SCCS, I deleted the .metadata directory and moved the entire workspace to a different location. I then opened LPCXpresso, entered the new location of the workspace directory, and I am faced with a completely empty workspace:
after.png
How do I reconstitute the workspace to its former state? IIRC MS Visual Studio projects have a simple, standalone, easily identifiable, relative-path-based workspace definition file on the top level directory which makes this problem trivially easy to understand and solve. What's the corresponding LPCXpresso solution?
PS./ I understand that lpc_chip_11uxx_lib is an unmodified library provided by LPC, I'm open to recommendations regarding standard practice for inclusion in SCCS, or standard practice for indicating the dependency.
Labels (2)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

converse
Senior Contributor V

You need to tell eclipse about your projects, so you need to import them. Use the Import existing project option.

However a far more convenient way to work with git in eclipse is to use the eGit plugin

0 Kudos