How to connect USB MULTILINK Rev.C with DSC(MC56F82726)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect USB MULTILINK Rev.C with DSC(MC56F82726)

vigneshkumarp
Contributor III

Hi I'm using USB tap for connectingMC56F82726(DSC). When I go through USB Multilink ref sheet it shows is can able to connect with DSC also. But I am unable to connect with USB Multilink since it requires extra two connections for DSC. What will be the connection for TRST and KEY? Other connections are available except TRST and KEY. Capture.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Vigne,

If you use Multilink Universal device, you can connect the "PORT A-JTAG/ONCE" 14 pins male connector with a 14 pin flat cable, pay attention that the red line of the flat cable is line 1. Connect the 14 pins flast cable to the JTAG connector on your PCB, the JTAG connector on your PCB must be 14 pin male connector, the pin assignment is listed in the schematics of the TWR-MC56F82748, Pls refer to J14 connector. Note that the red line of flat cable is line 1, should be connected to pin1 of your PCB jtag connector.

I attach the schematics of MC56F82748.

0 Kudos

vigneshkumarp
Contributor III

Hi xiangjun.rong,

Capture.JPG

For USB TAP we are using above pin configuration.

Now based on your schematic Capturegg.JPG

I have added the pullup resistor for RDY/NC with 4.99K. But still it is not programming and shows the following error

CaptureH.JPG

Capturef.JPG

From my schematic I have connected TDI to TDI, TDO to TDO, TCK to TCK, TMS to TMS, RESET to REST, TVCC with 5V_D, DGND to all GND of Multilink. Now I Pulled up the RDY/NC(13th pin of Multilink) t 4.99K, but it fails to program my MC56F82726 controller.

Any other necessary changes required from my schematic??

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

The TVCC should be connected with 3.3V instead of 5V, the pin is driven by your target board 3.3V power supply.

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos