Raspberry Pi 0W with PN7150: nfcDemoApp says "NfcService Init Failed Leaving ..." when run on provided image.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raspberry Pi 0W with PN7150: nfcDemoApp says "NfcService Init Failed Leaving ..." when run on provided image.

brandonjohn
Contributor I

I have used the provided Raspberry Pi image with a Raspberry Pi 3 and the PN7150 development board (OM5578) to successfully communicate with the PN7150. However, when I run the exact same code (even the same SD card) on the Raspberry Pi 0W, I get the following error:

"Nfc Service Init Failed

Leaving ... "

I have used "i2cdetect" and can confirm that I can communicate with the PN7150, and I can see the communication on a scope. However, when I run nfcDemoApp, there is no communication on the I2C bus (or any other bus for that matter).

Is there a known incompatibility with the Raspberry Pi 0W, or some more information that I can find to help solve this issue?

Thanks,

Brandon

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

wangqiulin
Contributor I

Hello Brandon, Have you got any good solutions to the problem?  Do you know PN7150 development board (OM5578) is compatible with Raspberry Pi 0W or not? brandonjohn

Thanks,

Manon Wong

0 Kudos

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I assume Raspberry Pi zero uses dedicated kernel (probably part of the Raspbian image) but for which the pn5xx_i2c kernel module was not inserted when building the demo image.

What is your email address? I may send you further information if you want to debug it by yourself.

0 Kudos