Swapping K22FN512VDC12 with K22FX512AVMC12 (XFBGA -> MAPBGA)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping K22FN512VDC12 with K22FX512AVMC12 (XFBGA -> MAPBGA)

Jump to solution
scripps
Contributor I

Hello, I was planning to use the MK22FN512VDC12 for a project, but it looks like now its unavailable from most distributors. It looks like there are variants which are in stock. In particular I'm thinking of dropping in the MK22FX512AVMC12 as a replacement.

MK22FN512VDC12 NXP USA Inc. | Integrated Circuits (ICs) | DigiKey 

MK22FX512AVMC12 NXP USA Inc. | Integrated Circuits (ICs) | DigiKey 

From a compatibility point of view, it looks like the MK22FN512VDC12 has an XFBGA package, and the other one is MAPBGA. From what I can tell, the only difference appears to be the height of the package.

Other than that, I'm trying to make sure the pin muxing is still the same. I know the AVMC device has FlexNVM, which would be a really upgrade.

Does anyone have any recommendation on what I should consider to make sure they are compatible? I'm making sure the MCG peripheral is the same, and that I can match all the pins with the Kinetis Config tools, but is there anything else that might be a red flag?

Perhaps as a side note, does anyone know why the VDC12 variant isn't in stock anywhere?

Thanks,

Stephen

1 Solution
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Stephen Cripps

There are a couple of differences:

MK22FN512VDC12  <---512KB Flash, 128KB SRAM

MK22FX512AVMC12 <---512KB Flash + 128KB FlexMem, 128KB RAM

they have the same pitch  of balls and the  dimensions of the package are almost the same  the MAPBGA is 1mm higher than the XFBGA. from pin to pin i noticed a couple differences: please check the  next image.

pastedImage_1.jpg

but it is compatible pin to pin.

hope this was helpful.

have a great day !

Best regards.

Jonathan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jonathan_Iglesias
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Dear Stephen Cripps

There are a couple of differences:

MK22FN512VDC12  <---512KB Flash, 128KB SRAM

MK22FX512AVMC12 <---512KB Flash + 128KB FlexMem, 128KB RAM

they have the same pitch  of balls and the  dimensions of the package are almost the same  the MAPBGA is 1mm higher than the XFBGA. from pin to pin i noticed a couple differences: please check the  next image.

pastedImage_1.jpg

but it is compatible pin to pin.

hope this was helpful.

have a great day !

Best regards.

Jonathan

scripps
Contributor I

This is excellent, thanks for putting this together!

So was your strategy to put the pin mapping diagrams side by side? I was thinking of copying the Pin function/alt mode selection table into excel, but it became unwieldy rather quickly.

Cheers,

Stephen