AnsweredAssumed Answered

gstreamer transcoding on wandboard

Question asked by Robert Chapin on May 5, 2017
Latest reply on May 9, 2017 by Robert Chapin

I upgrade my bsp from dizzy to morty. dizzy was using gstreamer 0.1 and morty went to gstream-1.0.

FILE to transcode =test_1280x720.mp4 : mime: video/quicktime; audio/x-m4a; application/x-3gp

START FILE MIME INFO.

Aiur: 3.0.11 Mime:

mime: video/quicktime; audio/x-m4a; application/x-3gp
video/x-h264, parsed=(boolean)true, width=(int)1280, height=(int)720, framerate

Mime:

audio/mpeg, mpegversion=(int)4, channels=(int)2, rate=(int)44100

END FILE MIME INFO

I transcoded a mp4 file using gstreamer 0.1 with no issues using the following 0.1 command.

WORKS BELOW WITH DIZZY BSP

gst-launch filesrc location=test_1280x720.mp4 typefind=true ! aiurdemux ! vpudec ! mfw_ipucsc ! 'video/x-raw-yuv, format=(fourcc)NV12, width=640, height=360' ! vpuenc ! matroskamux ! filesink location=out2.mkv

I upgraded to morty and converted the 0.1 command to a gstreamer 1.0 command.

BUILD - 

1. repo init -u https://github.com/Freescale/fsl-community-bsp-platform -b morty
  2. bitbake fsl-image-mutimedia-full
  3. DOES NOT WORK BELOW WITH MORTY BSP

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=test_1280x720.mp4 typefind=true ! aiurdemux  ! imxvpudec ! 'video/x-raw, format=NV12, width=640, height=360' ! imxvpuenc_h264   ! filesink location=out2.mkv

OUTPUT = WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "aiurdemux"

I have looked for any other method to demux this stream by getting all possible demux elements using:

gst-inspect-1.0 | grep demux.   I tried every one that this returned in place of aiurdemux. qtdemux gave errors. None of these worked. Did you move this into another element? The latest Linux IMX user manual has the usage of aiurdemux with gstreamer-1.0. We also downloaded the master branch and it is missing here too. How do I demux this mp4 stream. The equivalent command for gstreamer-1.0  that also scales the output would help me alot!

Outcomes