cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 Dumb PMIC (DP_EN)

atillametetured
Contributor V

Hello NXP,

Quick question: i.MX6 DP_EN is cleared by default which sets it in to Dumb PMIC mode. If I connect a mechanical switch to ONOFF pin which is Normally Openand I press it, this will be mirrored to the PMIC_ON_REQ pin which will go high.

First question: If the PF0100 is set to level detection (not edge detection) in PWRON pin, which needs this pin to be high all the time it operates, when you deapply the switch, what happens to the PMIC_ON_REQ pin? Does it go low? In that case won't the PMIC be powered down which is unwanted? 

Second question: If the above is incorrect and PMIC_ON_REQ stays high even if switch is deapplied, what happens on the next press? Can I turn it of this way?

Kind regards,

Mete

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mete

for PMIC_ON_REQ control please refer to

Q&A: How is mx6 PMIC_ON_REQ under SW control? 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

atillametetured
Contributor V

Also one more thing, on page 5059 Table 60-3 of the Reference Manual, it is stated that with internal PMU, at normal ON to OFF by button, alarm timer is set up by the software routine and started, upon alarm_in assertion to '1' PMIC_ON_REQ goes '0'.

I can't find any reference to alarm timer nor the alarm_in. Are these handled by the Linux or Android BSP?

Kind Regards,

Mete

0 Kudos