Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

u-boot: how to build mx6sxsabresd_spl_defconfig

Jump to solution
andreasrebert
Contributor II

Hi,

I tried to build SPL for mx6sxsabresd, but the build fails. Below you can see the steps I did and the error message. Is this build target supposed to work and if so am I missing something? 

$ make mx6sxsabresd_spl_defconfig
$ make
LD spl/u-boot-spl
OBJCOPY spl/u-boot-spl-nodtb.bin
COPY spl/u-boot-spl.bin
CFG spl/u-boot-spl.cfg
CFGS arch/arm/imx-common/spl_sd.cfg.cfgtmp
MKIMAGE SPL
Error: Image corrupt DCD size 536870911 exceed maximum 220
arch/arm/imx-common/Makefile:73: recipe for target 'SPL' failed
make[1]: *** [SPL] Error 1
Makefile:963: recipe for target 'SPL' failed

Thanks,
Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andreas

nxp uboot does not support spl, community uboot supports it

GitHub - Freescale/u-boot-fslc: U-Boot tree to host pending fixes and improvements 

uboot spl issues can be posted on uboot mail list

U-Boot Info Page 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
fabio_estevam
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andreas,

mx6sxsabresd_spl_defconfig target builds fine with mainline U-boot. Just get the latest one from git.denx.de Git - u-boot.git/summary  and you will be able to build it.

andreasrebert
Contributor II

Hi Fabio and thanks for the suggestion. I've tested with both mainline and community u-boot and I can confirm that they compile.

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Andreas

nxp uboot does not support spl, community uboot supports it

GitHub - Freescale/u-boot-fslc: U-Boot tree to host pending fixes and improvements 

uboot spl issues can be posted on uboot mail list

U-Boot Info Page 

Best regards
igor
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos