cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

v5640mipi sensor not working!

wenmingfeng
Contributor III

Hi all,

We used a ov5640_mipi sensor and connect with mipi-csi interface as is same to imx6dl sabresd reference board.

I just comment out the parrellel 0v5642 from device tree. and move the ov5640 from i2c2 to i2c1. we used i2c1. Other settings are reused the reference design with yocto imx-4.1-krogoth release.

ov564x_mipi: ov564x_mipi@3c { /* i2c1 driver */
compatible = "ovti,ov564x_mipi";
reg = <0x3c>;
clocks = <&clks 201>;
clock-names = "csi_mclk";
DOVDD-supply = <&vgen4_reg>; /* 1.8v */
AVDD-supply = <&vgen3_reg>; /* 2.8v, rev C board is VGEN3
rev B board is VGEN5 */
DVDD-supply = <&vgen2_reg>; /* 1.5v*/
pwn-gpios = <&gpio6 0 1>; /* active low: SD1_CLK */
rst-gpios = <&gpio6 1 0>; /* active high: SD1_DAT2 */
csi_id = <1>;
mclk = <24000000>;
mclk_source = <0>;
};

I see the log shows ov564x_mipi is probed, and the clk 24M is readback from DT, but when I use the scope to check the mclk pin, there is no clk here.

What configuration I am lost and any comments on how to check?

Thanks!

Wenming

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

weidong_sun
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Wenning,

You settings are no problem, but you should notice that on SabreSD board based on i.mx6dl, 24MHz MCLK was routed through GPIO_0 PAD, so it's IOMUX was degined as :

imx6qdl-sabresd {
        pinctrl_hog: hoggrp {
            fsl,pins = <
                MX6QDL_PAD_GPIO_0__CCM_CLKO1    0x130b0

>;

};

}

So please check your schematic, which PAD was used to output 24MHz clock for MCLK of OV5640!

Have a great day,
TIC Weidong Sun

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

wenmingfeng
Contributor III

Hi Wigros,

Thanks for your quick response.

The schematic we used is below: The   MX6QDL_PAD_GPIO_0__CCM_CLKO1    0x130b0 is actived in my DT settings.

Is there any internal connection or settings I need to check with imx6RM document?

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards!

Wenming

0 Kudos