AnsweredAssumed Answered

Programming flash in factory using Codewarrior TAP

Question asked by Angelo Trivelli on May 2, 2017
Latest reply on May 3, 2017 by Sinan Akman

I would like to use the Codewarrior TAP to program flash on boards in a manufacturing environment. 

My target is a P4080 CPU w/Flash memory. I am currently using an Abatron BDI-3000 for this, but that device is now EOL and I will eventually need to find another way to program the flash. It looks like the Codewarrior TAP can do it, but I can't find any solid clues for how to do this. 

I suspect it can be done because some engineering folks in my org have used the "Codewarrior IDE" to program flash. However, I would very much like to avoid using the IDE in a factory. I know that I can telnet to the TAP, but there doesn't seem to be any analogous CLI commands to what I used on the BDI-3000.

My tasks are very simple...

1. Erase some memory range. BDI command was "erase 0xeff80000 0x20000 4"
  2. Program a binary from a tftp server. BDI command was "prog 0xeff80000 /path/in/tftp/server/MyBinary.bin bin"
  3. Verify the binary was programmed correctly. BDI command was "verify 0xeff80000 /path/in/tftp/server/MyBinary.bin bin"

The problem is I don't see the equivalent of any program, erase, or verify commands in the Codewarrior TAP manual. Moreover, there doesn't seem to be a way to specify a TFTP server which contains binaries to write to the target.

Can anyone help me get started with this? I just need to get pointed in the right direction.

Many Thanks!

Outcomes