Why is eclipse neon not pausing debug in frdm-k64f board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is eclipse neon not pausing debug in frdm-k64f board?

Jump to solution
m4l490n
Contributor V

I'm using eclipse neon and GCC ARM compiler for a project with the FRDM-K64F board and using JLink. I'm having problems debugging.

The debug session starts properly and it works fine but one of the problems is that if I try to set a breakpoint after clicking "Run" then the execution does not stop at the breakpoint and after a couple of seconds eclipse shows a little "warning" icon where the breakpoint is supposed to be. I hover over the warning icon and I get the message "Breakpoint installation failed: Suspend operation timeout".

Another problem is that I can't pause the execution. If I click the "pause" button nothing happens, also nothing happens if I click "reset". The only way to stop the execution is clicking the "stop" button but that ends the debug session completely wich is very annoying.

I really don't have any idea about how to explain the issue better, this is what I'm experiencing and I'd like some guidance about knowing what is going on.

Could somebody please help? what another kind of information do I need to add to this question to help find out the problem?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manuel,

are you on Neon.3? See How to install the GNU ARM Eclipse plug-ins? 

"Neon initially had several problems, but starting with Neon.3 it finally seems fully functional. Avoid previous Neon versions, since they do not work properly. If you want to use GCC 6.x, you need Neon.3 (the compiler itself has no problems working with Mar, but GDB 7.12 is not supported on versions before Neon.3)."

Erich

View solution in original post

2 Replies
BlackNight
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Manuel,

are you on Neon.3? See How to install the GNU ARM Eclipse plug-ins? 

"Neon initially had several problems, but starting with Neon.3 it finally seems fully functional. Avoid previous Neon versions, since they do not work properly. If you want to use GCC 6.x, you need Neon.3 (the compiler itself has no problems working with Mar, but GDB 7.12 is not supported on versions before Neon.3)."

Erich

m4l490n
Contributor V

Erich

Thanks!!

This definitely helped. I have now Neon and the debugging is working correctly.

0 Kudos